2019-2020 season abandoned - four options for season ticket-holders
First details of renewal deals
BILLETTERIE - Friday, May 29, 2020 - 18:15
A statement from the club.
On March 17th our country came to a standstill. We are currently living through a situation unprecedented in its scale and nature, affecting each and every one of us. The Girondins de Bordeaux and our extended club community are no exception.
Now more than ever, solidarity must be our guiding principle.
As you all know, the premature end of the 2019/2020 season deprived the Girondins of a chance to make good on their promising run of form, and robbed fans of the opportunity to support their team. Current events have rocked football, and indeed the world. The Matmut ATLANTIQUE sits empty, with our home games against Rennes, Reims, Amiens, Toulouse, Angers and Lille all cancelled.
The continued uncertainty regarding the start of the 2020/2021 season, and the impact of the coronavirus crisis on the global economy, are also factors which must be taken into consideration.
The French government has taken certain measures to protect professional sport, including a provision that all payments corresponding to unplayed matches may be converted into credit vouchers with a maximum validity of 18 months, or else a cash reimbursement after this deadline.
But the club is fully aware that not everybody will be satisfied with this solution, and we have thus decided to offer further options:
1. For season ticket-holders who do not wish to demand a reimbursement, there are three options:
- The outstanding sum can be paid towards renewing your season ticket for next season.*
- The sum can be converted into ticket vouchers valid for 18 months.
- You can also choose to donate the outstanding sum to our charity programme "Cœur Marine & Blanc", helping to fund three projects jointly run with local partners:
- a rewards programme for key workers on the front line of the fight against COVID-19,
- a solidarity scheme for those hit hardest by COVID-19 (focusing specifically on the economic impact for Bordeaux Maritime, in the immediate vicinity of the stadium),
- a programme to help amateur clubs in the Cercle de Nouvelle-Aquitaine federation get back up and running again.
2. For season ticket-holders who do wish to demand a reimbursement:
- The club will reimburse the sums owed by the end of the calendar year, a whole 12 months before the legal deadline imposed by the new government regulations.
In order to simplify the process while also limiting the risk of contamination, the Girondins de Bordeaux have opened a new virtual box office with a dedicated phone line. All season ticket-holders will be contacted individually by our team over the next six weeks, with further details of the measures outlined above. If you wish to be one of the first on the call list, you can drop us an email at: email@example.com
*Principles applicables to 2020/2021 season ticket subscriptions
In spite of the recent reassurances provided by the Prime Minister, doubt still remains as to when our supporters will be able to return to the stadium. There is still a risk that some matches will have to be played behind closed doors. We are therefore offering a partial subscription deal which will only come into effect on the first home game to which fans are admitted, remaining valid for the next 19 home league matches even if that means spilling over into 2021/2022.